A powerful new energy source has arrived in Central Florida. Already the largest LEGOLAND® park in the world, LEGOLAND® Florida is thrilled to announce the opening of The LEGO® World of Chima presented by Cartoon Network which opened to the public on July 3rd. The World of Chima is a highly-themed area with thrilling and interactive rides and attractions for visitors of all ages, adding to the park’s already exciting line up of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions.
The centerpiece attraction, The Quest for CHI, features an interactive water ride where guests will set off on an otherworldly and super-wet adventure. After boarding watercraft, families can use water cannons to activate the story in each of the scenes along their journey as well as have a chance to battle other boats and guests along the shore line.
Those interested in even more splash and water fun can experience Cragger’s Swamp play area that features playful bubbles, intermittent water spouts and interactive elements that trigger swamp water effects.
At the SpeedorzTM Arena, kids will enjoy a super-charged, super-fast competition where multiple players battle against each other using rip cord-powered LEGO vehicles.
The World of Chima also features a character meet and greet and a merchandise location that carries the latest LEGO Legends of Chima building sets. All of these areas are complemented by the park’s 4-D movie experience, The LEGO Chima Movie Experience, an exclusive to LEGOLAND parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centers.
“The World of Chima will become a signature land for LEGOLAND Florida and provides an experience unlike any other in our park today,” said Adrian Jones, LEGOLAND Florida General Manager. “Developing and opening yet another expansion is a prime example of how LEGOLAND Florida continues to provide unique guest experiences, rides, shows and attractions for families with children ages 2-12.”
The World of Chima features:
- 2 million LEGO bricks, (bringing the total of LEGO bricks found in LEGOLAND Florida to an astounding 58 million)
- Nearly 150 LEGO models
- 219,000 gallons of water in The Quest for CHI
- Capacity for approximately 1,200 guests per hour to experience The Quest for CHI ride
- Mount Cavora which stands 55 feet from the ground
- Mount Cavora itself is 23 feet high and 40 feet in diameter
- Weighs 7,500 lbs.
- Rushes 1,000 gallons of water every minute
LEGO® Legends of Chima™ fans can also tune into Cartoon Network on July 10 at 8 p.m. for the cartoon series premiere.
For the most current information on LEGOLAND Florida and to purchase tickets, visit www.LEGOLAND.com.
Save on Your Next Legoland Vacation
Free Kids Tickets When You Buy An Adult Tickets
- A new promotion with the Home Depot and Legoland’s sister company, Merlin Entertainment, has resulted in some new discounts available for their customers. Purchase a 1-day Legoland ticket for $79 and receive a free child admission ticket. Offer expires December 31, 2013. Ticket valid for one (1) year from date of purchase.
- The partnership with McDonald’s to buy an Adult ticket and get a free child ticket is back for tickets purchased up to December 21, 2014. Tickets are valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Visit www.legoland.com/mcdonalds.
For more infomation on Legoland Florida and to purchase tickets you visit www.LEGOLAND.com.
Follow 365 Things to Do In Southwest Florida on Facebook for the best travel ideas, events and attractions for the whole family.