The distinguished list of honorees for the 4th Annual Golden Baby Shoe Awards have been named. Six outstanding men and women from Southwest Florida working on behalf of pregnant women and children will be honored for their outstanding service to the community on August 24th at The Club at Grandezza.
The Golden Baby Shoe Awards recognizes people in our community who go above and beyond the call of duty to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women or babies throughout Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee Counties.
The Golden Baby Shoe Awards is a program of Healthy Start Southwest Florida. Healthy Start is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) serving Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties since 1992. Healthy Start helps ensure mothers and babies have access to the medical care, community services, and health education they need to give their baby a Healthy Start in life.
The following six distinguished individuals are this year’s recipients of The Golden Baby Shoe Awards for their outstanding work in our Southwest Florida communities:
- John Bartlett MD (Lifetime Achievement Awardee)- Pediatrician with Physicians Primary Care (PPC) Pediatrics
- Jill Carpenter, BSW- Team Leader for Lee Memorial Home Health Healthy Start team
- Trina Puddefoot- Early Steps Program Director for the Health Planning Council of SWFL
- Lasheba Travis, PhD- Program Director of Biomedical Sciences, Keiser University and former Program Manager for The Florida Department of Health in Hendry and Glades Counties
- Nancy Travis, RN,BC,CPN,CBC,BSN,MS – Director of Women’s Care for Cape Coral Hospital
- Todd Vedder MD- Pediatrician with NCH Healthcare and Chair of the Safe and Healthy Children’s Coalition of Collier County
This special award ceremony will be hosted by Stephanie Summers of Fox 4’s “The Morning Blend,”
Saturday August 24, 2013, 6:00-9:00 pm at The Club at Grandezza.
Richard Aikin CEO of Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida and the Chair of the Lee Memorial Health System Board of Directors will be the evening’s keynote speaker.
For ticket or additional event information please click here or call (239) 425-6920.