Have you registered yet for the Galloway Captiva Triathlon to be held on Sept. 14 and 15? Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in this great race to benefit CCMI. The kids will race on Saturday, Sept. 14, while the adults hit the course on Sunday, Sept. 15.
Based at the beautiful South Seas Island Resort, the Galloway Captiva Triathlon on Sunday, Sept. 15, is a sprint-length event:
- Swim 1/4 mile (440 yards) in the Gulf of Mexico just offshore from the northern end of the resort.
- Bike 10 miles along the paved island roads of Captiva (which will be closed during the bike portion).
- Run 5K along the Gulf, Redfish Pass and the South Seas golf course on a combination hard-sand and paver course.
The Kids Triathlon on Saturday, Sept. 14 is divided into two age groups:
- Ages 6-9: 100 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 0.5 mile run
- Ages 10-13: 200 yard swim, 3 mile bike, 1 mile run
South Seas Island Resort is offering a special rate on a limited room block for the race weekend. Rooms are available until sold out or Aug. 31 whichever comes first. You may make reservations at the group rate either online, by clicking here or by calling 1-800-282-3402. The event name to receive the group rate is is Captiva Triathlon.
A portion of race registration will be donated to CCMI — Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc. — and its School Backpack Program providing emergency food more than 2,000 local children each school year.
For more information visit the Galloway Captiva Triathlon website HERE.
Follow 365 Things to Do In Southwest Florida on Facebook for the best travel ideas, events and attractions for the whole family.