The Nick Hotel is one of our favorite places to stay at when we are in Orlando, my kids love the character shows, the awesome rooms and of course the amazing water park and slime so we where thrilled when we where recently invited for the VIPSummerofShellmedia preview. You see this summer the Nick Hotel is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the TMNT comic book andpulling all the stops by throwing a summer longTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Summer of Shell celebration. Beginning Friday, May 23, 2014 the Nick Hotel is offering new Turtles-themed guest suites, poolside parties, dinner shows and other unique experiences.
The magic and excitement started from the moment we walked into our premium SpongeBob Square Pants themed suite and the kids discovered a gift from the TNMT themselves! They where beyond thrilled!
Then they ran to their semi private room and quickly chose their bunk beds. We where happy to have a separate room for ourselves with a comfortable king bed where we can stay up late talking or watching TV without waking up the kids. I love that the suites have a parlor area with pullout sleeper sofa and kitchenette, so we can save money preparing and eating some of the meals in the room.
As a child I used to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and now I am so happy to share these fun characters from my childhood with my kids! During our stay we had the opportunity to meet and greet Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello characters and attend the Turtle Power show!
Not only that but we also met the original voice cast of the TMNT, they where so much fun and the kids just loved meeting the people behind the turtles! You can tell that they love doing what they do and they are so excited and truly blown away by the success of the TMNT and how they are able to bring generations together with these fun characters. You can watch them on the short video below:
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Summer of Shell celebration is spreading the “turtle power” from the pool to the stage and everywhere in between! Some of the great TMNT features and events includes:
- An all new Turtle Power poolside show at the Lagoon Pool thisinteractive action experience takes place right on the Lagoon pool deck. Emerging from their hidden lair in the sewers, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come to the aid of April and the Street Crew to battle Shredder’s Foot Clan army. This band of reptile brothers proves mutants rule on their way to becoming the heroes they are destined to be. This is gonna be awesome! Located at the Lagoon Pool on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. Check the 411 weekly schedule of events for show times.
- Poolside glow parties, games, dive-in movies and other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle encounters.
- 10 newly designed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed guest suites, debuting in June.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed dinner shows where guests can dine with their favoriteheroes andlearn new ninja moves. Antonio’s Pizza-Rama Dinner is open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings at theNicktoons Caf.Reservations are required and charge apply.
- A Guinness World Record “Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninjaevent on August 9.
- Brand new art of The Turtles on the Nickelodeon wall of characters at the Lagoon Pool.
Our Teenage Mutant Ninja Retro Weekend can only be described as “Radical!”l and by the end of it we where all screaming Cowabunga! The bodacious TNMT had us dancing and practicing our ninja moves and we all had a truly bodacious time!
For more information and a complete listing of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle events happening throughout the year, visitwww.nickhotel.com/TMNT.
You can check out everything that the Nickelodeon Suites Resort has to offer by visitingthe Nick Hotel website.Like their theNick Hotel Facebook page andfollow then on Twitter@NickHoteto stay up to date on their latest offers and events.
Follow365 Things to Do In Southwest Florida on Facebookfor the best travel ideas, events and attractions for the whole family.